Posting for Staff Accountants at Gray & Associates
CPA or mid-level CPA student
Qualified individuals can demonstrate the following :
- an ability to communicate one on one with small to medium size enterprise and individual clientele with confidence, courtesy and professionalism… client’s whom you have dealt with would say you’re great and feel comfortable with your suggested solutions and explanations;
- an ability to provide alternative solutions to accounting and tax problems facing small to medium sized enterprises;
- excellent knowledge of Quickbooks version 2010 or higher, with an aptitude for identifying and coming up with solutions to deal with Quickbooks accounting problems;
- experience with other accounting software applications such as Simply Accounting;
- able to prepare personal and corporate income tax, GST and PST returns with confidence;
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- have good computer skills using Windows-based software applications;
- able to work independently with limited supervision or assistance, but with a team spirit;
- either have a CPA, CA, CGA or CMA designation, or have several years equivalent experience in public practice working with small to medium size enterprises, or currently enrolled in the mid-level CPA program.
Other attributes that would complement your skills :
- you really enjoy working in public practice and aspire to grow with a public practice firm;
- you have career goals… perhaps to achieve a specialization within the public practice field;
- you are not one to give up easily when confronted with a problem;
- you have no problem in asking questions and like to come up with creative ideas and solutions on a proactive basis;
- you have experience with one or more of the following computer software applications :
- Caseware/Caseview for preparation of client working papers and financial statements;
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook;
- Simply Accounting;
- Profile and/or Cantax;
- you use Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook regularly;
- your knowledge of personal and corporate income tax, GST, PST and WCB matters and other issues facing small to medium size enterprises is current;
- you may have a University degree or other certification or diploma;
We are seeking individuals with long-term career aspirations.
If you feel this fits your career aspirations, please send me an email at email@example.com with your resume and references.
We are located in North Vancouver at Suite 201 - 1075 West 1st Street. No phone calls please.